- retiring the F-111 based on known untruths about its maintainability;
- ordering the Joint Strike Fighter without reference to price, delivery schedule, capability, or reference threats;
- ordering the Superhornet as a gap filler without reference to capability or reference threats;
- repeating known untruths to Parliament;
- repeating known untruths to the Minister;
- failing to maintain the Collins submarines in a reasonable state of operational readiness;
- failing to acknowledge the existence of Russian and Chinese stealth aircraft; and
- ordering anti-submarine torpedoes from a European consortium but failing to check that the instruction manuals were in English.